Imaris for Advanced Tracking
Imaris for Advanced Tracking provides interactive processing, visualization and analysis software for 2D or 3D time-lapse microscopy images. It features state of the art interactive 3D time-lapse Volume and Surface rendering capable of dealing with large volumes of data (hundreds of gigabytes). Imaris has the ability to simultaneously visualise multiple 2D, 3D or 4D images with differing spatial or temporal dimensions and resolutions. Imaris for Advanced Tracking is also the most powerful commercially available tracking software including motion & shape analysis that rises to the challenge of monitoring temporal changes in biological systems (2D and 3D images over time).
Object detection & tracking motion in real conditions
Imaris for Advanced Tracking gives the choice of proven Imaris 3D tracking algorithms: Brownian Motion, Autoregresive Motion (Expert), Connected Components or Lineage to generate the most accurate tracking results for different types of moving objects. Users can automatically correct translational and rotational drift or track within the new freehand coordinate system (Reference Frame) or use the automated option for drift correction.
Tracking motion in 3D or 2D
- Automatically track objects of interest using one of the provided algorithms
- Handle thousands of objects and time points
- Represent trajectory or displacement using multiple visualization options
- Calculate average and instantaneous speed, acceleration
- Manually create and edit tracks
Statistics and measurements
After segmenting the image data Imaris calculates a wide range of statistics through time for all detected objects, Surfaces and Spots. All values can be used for color coding, plotted inside Imaris (using Vantage plots) or exported in an .csv or .xls file format. Parameters presented below are the most common statistic types needed by biologists. Imaris reports many more.
Plotting, statistical tests and group comparisons
Imaris for Advanced Tracking includes a seamlessly integrated tool to explore differences between experimental groups (e.g. control vs test) - ImarisVantage. It allows for the creation of interactive plots which illustrate relationships/patterns/differences amongst object measurements or groups of objects.
- Turn your 3D/4D data into a dynamic gallery of individual objects
- Compare shapes of your 3D detected objects placed next to each other within the grid
- Select an object within the gallery view and check its position within the dataset
Visualization and animation export
Imaris for Advanced Tracking provides a complete set of features for visualization of multi-channel microscopy datasets from static 2D images to 3D time series regardless of their size and format and multiple image and video export options to enhance your papers and presentations.
ImarisColoc is the most powerful co-localization analysis tool to quantify and document co-distribution of multiple stained biological components.
- Co-localization available for 2D, 3D data and time series
- Regions can be presented as new 3D or 4D color channel
- Users can expand or narrow the region from which histograms for co-localization are computed
Automatic calculation of: Pearson’s coefficient, Mander’s coefficient, co-localized voxels, co-localized percentages
The Imaris Learning Center hosts a wide range of tutorial videos, how-to articles and webinars to guide you through the many features of Imaris. We have provided some links below which will get you started on some of our most recent developments.