Imaris Single Full
From neuron analysis to cell visualization, plus batch processing and customization, the Imaris Single Full gives you the complete power of Imaris at your fingertips. This package is ideally suited for core facilities and those groups addressing a variety of image analysis tasks and gives the user access to the most advanced image analysis solutions in the world. Imaris Single Full includes ground breaking technology introduced in Imaris 9 to address the major bottleneck of today’s image analysis – effective quantification and Surface visualization of objects within datasets of hundreds of gigabytes.
Imaris core is an essential module which delivers all the necessary functionality for experiment data management, visualization and segmentation of the 3D and 4D microscopy datasets. Combining speed, precision and ease-of-use, Imaris provides a complete set of features for working with multi-channel datasets from a few megabytes to multiple gigabytes in size. Multiple volume rendering and modes, clipping planes, cross-section slices will let you create stunning animations and snapshots ready to be used in publications.
- Search, tag, and manage your data
- Organize and manage full experiments
- Use premier volume rendering in 3D/4D
- Detect objects using Spots and Surfaces
- Enjoy interactive and intuitive workflows
Imaris MeasurementPro enables researchers to extract critical statistical parameters from their microscopy images thus allowing for the quantification of scientific findings. Imaris MeasurementPro adds shape, size, and intensity based measurement capabilities to the volume rendering, surface rendering and object detection features of Imaris. It allows researchers to interactively classify, group, and filter segmented objects based on any of the calculated statistics. MeasurementPro enables 3D distance and angle measurements in your dataset.
- Obtain, view and export statistics
- Obtain precise measurements of intensity values
- Define object-based coordination system to compensate for translational and rotational object movement during observation
- Measure distances between points within an object
ImarisColoc has been designed to give tools to quantify and document co-distribution of multiple stained biological components in 3D or 4D datasets. ImarisColoc provides an array of statistical parameters that include the number of co-localized voxels, the % of dataset, ROI or channel that is co-localized. More importantly, ImarisColoc offers a choice of well-established co-localization coefficients: Pearson’s and Mander’s.
- Multiple colocalization selection methods
- Obtain statistics in real time
- Present data as new 3D or 4D color channel
- Expand or narrow the computed histogram region
- Co-localization of entire time series analyzed in fewer steps
FilamentTracer is the most advanced software product for the automated detection of neurons (dendritic trees, axons and spines), microtubules, and other filament-like structures in 2D, 3D and 4D. FilamentTracer provides a huge selection of Neuroscience specific statistical values: Dendrite Volume, Dendrite Length, Number of Dendrite Segments, Number of Dendrite Branches, Dendrite Area, Spine Volume, Spine Length, Number of Spines, Scholl Analysis, and many more.
- Use versatile filament tracing methods
- Obtain branch length and diameter statistics
- Manually draw segments with automated centering
- Utilize multiple branch selection methods
- Visualize filaments along with non-filamentous structures
ImarisCell is designed for smart detection of cells based on cytoplasm or plasma membrane labelling. Cytoplasm, nucleus, nucleoli and various populations of vesicles can be detected and analyzed as a complete cell object. ImarisCell enables researchers to map organelles and other cellular components within individual cells and get measurements, such as number of vesicles, nucleus or cytoplasm volume or intensity etc. per cell basis. ImarisCell also allows researchers to examine the relationships between those components and between cells.
- Utilize biologically meaningful image analysis units
- Detect cells based on cytoplasm or plasma membrane staining (NEW cell detection algorithm available for membrane labelling only)
- Detect and classify vesicular objects of various populations
- Examine relationships between cells and cellular components
Imaris Track Lineage
ImarisTrackLineage is the most powerful commercially available tracking software including motion & shape analysis of moving objects, including dividing cells. Imaris TrackLineage gives the user a choice of using one of the automated tracking algorithms or manual tracking methods. Track editing tools are available as well. Imaris TrackLineage not only tracks motion and calculates position, speed and acceleration in the time-lapse datasets but also allows detection of temporal changes in intensity, shape (length, volume) of all detected objects including Filaments, Cells, Spots and Surfaces.
Imaris TrackLineage enables creation of an interactive and editable lineage tree where the cell fate can be traced from one progenitor cell to the final generation. Every selected group of cells (e.g. cells coming from the same progenitor) can be labelled with a different name and color. Additionally, a range of cell division measurements are included such as: Cell Cycle Duration, Generation, Time Since First Division, Time Since Previous Division.
- Automatically track all objects including dividing cells in 2D/3D + time
- Create interactive lineage tree (for Cells, Surfaces and Spots)
- o Use streamlined track/lineage editor and export plot as TIFF and SVG
- Label lineage tree branches with selected colors and names
- Retrieve statistical measurements per labelled group of cells
ImarisXT is a multi-functional two-way interface from Imaris to classic programming languages like Matlab, Python or Java enabling the users rapid development and integration of custom algorithms that are specific and tailored to scientific applications where generic image processing would fail. Imaris XT enables free access to pre-existing library of XTensions available on Imaris Open which let you perform i.e.: spine analysis based on shape, relative distance analysis between biological structures, object-based colocalization, visualization and quantification of overlap region and contact area between two 3D structures, intensity measurements along the filament.
- Develop custom algorithms for image processing and segmentation
- Answer challenging questions with targeted tools
- Integrate new modules with a customizable user interface
- Exchange data with Matlab, Java and Python
- Free access to pre-existing library of XTensions
Welcome to a new era of data interpretation, plotting and presentation. This module enables you to compare and contrast experimental groups by visualizing your image data (segmented and original) in five dimensions as uni- or multi-variate scatterplots. Along with the use of box + whisker (5-number summary) plots Vantage will help you interpret intrinsically complex and dynamic phenomena. ImarisVantage enables researchers to dissect their multi-dimensional, multi-object images by creating a series of fully customizable plots for better understanding of hidden relationships and associations between calculated measurements, objects or groups of objects
- Create fast, explorative and interactive multi-dimensional plots with real objects
- Define different variables for each of the 5 dimensions (x,y,z, colour, size)
- Create side by side ready to publish univariate plots to compare groups
- Export figures and annotations into your presentations
- Get preview of the results of: Wilcoxon, T-test, F-test and Kolmogorov-Smirnov
ImarisBatch is an Imaris subsystem for the processing of 2D, 3D, and 4D image series in batch. This subsystem saves valuable time when running repetitive jobs because processing can be queued and completed without interaction from the user. Since the introduction of Imaris 8.0 batch operations can be triggered directly from the Arena view. The user can execute a pre-defined image analysis protocol on all images of one group or all images from multiple groups. The results of batch analysis can be directly displayed and explored in Imaris Surpass or Imaris Vantage.
- Save valuable time by batch processing
- Reproduce exact analytical procedures
- Decouple time consuming procedures from interactive sessions
- Batch process the full experiment and get the results which preserve the experiment structure
- Utilize large servers for parallel processing
The Imaris Learning Center hosts a wide range of tutorial videos, how-to articles and webinars to guide you through the many features of Imaris. We have provided some links below which will get you started on some of our most recent developments.