Imaris File Converter
ImarisFileConverter's redesigned GUI and batch conversion efficiently convert multiple large datasets to save you time. The resulting ims files can then be opened very quickly within Imaris.
DOWNLOAD THE FREE IMARIS FILE CONVERTER
- Conversion is multithreaded (the number of cores selected by the user).
- Files dropped to conversion queue and are processed with a single click.
- Additional files can be added during conversion.
- Both Read progress and Write progress displayed.
- Memory allocation increased to handle big data.
- Each conversion runs as a separate process.
Technology for Fast Terabyte Visualization
* Colors represent different resolution blocks.
Fast visualization of terabyte sized images is all about quickly loading to the graphics hardware those data that are necessary for visualizing the current point of view and loading as little superfluous data as possible. The IMS File Format and the visualization pipeline achieve this with the following features:
- The IMS file format stores a multi-resolution image pyramid in 3D block-wise layout using HDF5.
- The renderer loads optimal image resolution levels to match screen resolution.
- Data Caching on the GPU and in RAM improves performance significantly.
- Data are stored in a lossless compressed format to save storage space.
- Multi-threading of rendering and data decompression and upload facilitate interactivity.
NEW Imaris 9 searches the file reader plugin directory for DLLs that have the FileReader API. If the file format contains multiple resolution levels Imaris will quickly render those files in native mode.
LEARN MORE ABOUT SURFACE RENDERING
The new Surface rendering technology in Imaris 9 adopts Imaris' proven Volume rendering technology based on a multi-resolution octree. Now it's possible to visualize Surfaces of hundreds of Gigabytes in size. With this technology Imaris 9 can interactively render massive Surfaces consisting of billions of triangles.
The technology that enables Imaris 9 fast rendering of large surfaces is based on the following features:
- Multi-resolution surfaces in 3D block-wise layout
- Renderer loads optimal surface resolution levels to match screen resolution
- Data Caching in VRAM and RAM
- Multi-threading of rendering, decompression and loading
Fast Surface Computation
Imaris 9 computes Surfaces in a block wise and multithreaded fashion to efficiently analyze large images (hundreds of Gigabytes). Thanks to this ground breaking new technology the computation will be possible for big images and will be significantly faster than in previous Imaris versions.
Our test images for Surfaces calculation time presented below are multiples of Wasp_embryo.ims created by using "Add slices" in Imaris. System specs: Win 7.1, 192GB RAM (Imaris internal memory limit of 64GB), CPU Intel Xeon E5-2687 (x2), Graphics Nvidia Quadro k5000, Data read from HDD, Cache set to SSD.
FilamentTracer Tools for Large Images
With the launch of our patented Torch™ tool, both Autopath and Autodepth tracing methods in Filament Tracer have been significantly improved to efficiently trace neurons in large 3D images and dense networks.
Tracing with Torch™
This patented solution brings a novel volume visualization approach to tracing, making is faster and more efficient than ever before.
- Highlights structures in close proximity to the tracing cursor.
- Darkens background for improved visibility
- Facilitates tracing in dense neural networks.
- Available in Autopath and Autodepth tracing methods
Accurate and precise stitching of multiple tiles in XYZ is now possible with our big data capable Imaris Stitcher. Simply load 2D, 3D or 4D tiles for stitching and the software will detect their stage coordinates. Imaris Stitcher automatically corrects for rotation of the camera relative to the microscopy stage and aligns neighbouring tiles based on best signal overlap in a selected channel. In addition, users can manually correct grid layout if necessary and translate selected tiles.
Imaris at Top Microscopy Courses and Workshops
Bitplane supports many workshops at well-known microscopy conferences and courses across the world by providing Imaris for attendees to try out for themselves. Come along and explore the features of Imaris 8.4 using your own large data sets and discuss with our Image Analysis Experts how Imaris can benefit your research.
Tissue Clearing Workshop
Light Sheet Microscopy Workshop