Imaris File Converter
ImarisFileConverter's redesigned GUI and batch conversion efficiently convert multiple large datasets to save you time.
DOWNLOAD THE FREE IMARIS FILE CONVERTER
- Conversion is multithreaded (number of cores selected by the user).
- Files dropped to conversion queue and processed with one click.
- Additional files can be added during conversion.
- Both Read progress and Write progress displayed.
- Memory allocation increased to handle big data.
- Each conversion runs as a separate process.
Below you can see the speed of visualizing a one terabyte TIFF file compared with the length of time taken to visualize the same file converted using the Imaris File Converter.
1.05 TB Tiff opens in 3 hours 50 minutes
ims converted file opens in 25 seconds
* IMS File converter is a license free software which can run separately on a different machine. Conversion step in the example presented above took 3 h 50 minutes. Ims converted file is fully interactive and ready for inspection and analysis
* Computer specs recommended for effective work with big data - Xeon E5 (2643, 2667, 2687w, 1560, 1660 or 1680) v4, 8 core/16 thread, min 3.4 ghz, 8 GB Graphic card, 128-256 GB RAM, 1 or 2 PCI SSD Drives (1-2 TB)
Technology for Fast Terabyte Visualization
* Colors represent different resolution blocks.
Fast visualization of terabyte sized images is all about quickly loading to the graphics hardware those data that are necessary for visualizing the current point of view and loading as little superfluous data as possible. The IMS File Format and the visualization pipeline achieve this with the following features:
- The IMS file format stores a multi-resolution image pyramid in 3D block-wise layout using HDF5.
- The renderer loads optimal image resolution levels to match screen resolution.
- Data Caching on the GPU and in RAM improves performance significantly.
- Data are stored in a lossless compressed format to save storage space.
- Multi-threading of rendering and data decompression and upload facilitate interactivity.
FilamentTracer Tools for Large Images
With the launch of our patented Torch™ tool, both Autopath and Autodepth tracing methods in Filament Tracer have been significantly improved to efficiently trace neurons in large 3D images and dense networks.
Tracing with Torch™
This patented solution brings a novel volume visualization approach to tracing, making is faster and more efficient than ever before.
- Highlights structures in close proximity to the tracing cursor.
- Darkens background for improved visibility
- Facilitates tracing in dense neural networks.
- Available in Autopath and Autodepth tracing methods
Imaris at Top Microscopy Courses and Workshops
Bitplane supports many workshops at well-known microscopy conferences and courses across the world by providing Imaris for attendees to try out for themselves. Come along and explore the features of Imaris 8.4 using your own large data sets and discuss with our Image Analysis Experts how Imaris can benefit your research.
Microscience Microscopy Congress