Imaris at top scientific institution workshops
Bitplane supports many workshops at top scientific institutions across the world, by providing 3/4D Visualization and Analysis software which attendees can try out for themselves. Come along and explore the features of Imaris 8.3, using your own large data sets, and discuss with our Image Analysis Experts how Imaris can benefit your research.
- STEP ONE - Download the Imaris File Converter
- STEP TWO - Convert your data to the .ims
- STEP THREE - Visualize your large data instantaneously
- STEP FOUR - Chat with a Bitplane image analysis expert and explore your data in Imaris
Developmental Imaging EMBO Course
Tissue Clearing Workshop
Expansion Microscopy Workshop
Light Sheet Microscopy EMBO Course
LSFM International Conference
31 Aug - 3 Sept
Below you can see the speed of visualizing a one terabyte TIFF file compared with the length of time taken to visualize the same file converted using the Imaris File Converter.
1.05 TB Tiff opens in 3 hours 50 minutes
ims converted file opens in 25 seconds
* IMS File converter is a license free software which can run separately on a different machine. Conversion step in the example presented above took 3 h 50 minutes. Ims converted file is fully interactive and ready for inspection and analysis
* Computer specs recommended for effective work with big data - Xeon E5 (2643, 2667, 2687w, 1560, 1660 or 1680) v4, 8 core/16 thread, min 3.4 ghz, 8 GB Graphic card, 128-256 GB RAM, 1 or 2 PCI SSD Drives (1-2 TB)
Technology for Fast Terabyte Visualization
* Colors represent different resolution blocks.
Fast visualization of terabyte sized images is all about quickly loading to the graphics hardware those data that are necessary for visualizing the current point of view and loading as little superfluous data as possible. The IMS File Format and the visualization pipeline achieve this with the following features:
- The IMS file format stores a multi-resolution image pyramid in 3D block-wise layout using HDF5.
- The renderer loads optimal image resolution levels to match screen resolution.
- Data Caching on the GPU and in RAM improves performance significantly.
- Data are stored in a lossless compressed format to save storage space.
- Multi-threading of rendering and data decompression and upload facilitate interactivity.
Data Analysis Made Simple
The free Imaris File Converter can handle a vast array of imaging formats, enabling you to easily load your data files into Imaris as IMS, and allowing you to experience the very best of what Imaris has to offer.
* Please note that the ability to perform the above actions will depend on the specifications of the system, your ROI and the size of the data.