2017 APAC User Group Meeting
Date: October 23rd - 25th 2017
Location: Cistron Room, Level 5, Matrix at Biopolis, 30 Biopolis Street, Singapore S138671
The Bitplane APAC User Group Meeting (UGM) 2017 will be held at the Singapore’s Biomedical research hub – Biopolis. We are grateful for the generosity of Dr. Graham Wright, the Head of Institute of Medical Biology Microscopy Unit (IMU), to host the event and Ms. Sarah Zulkifli from the IMU team, to coordinate this event. The event is expected to be filled with interesting presentations, useful training advices and sharing of image analysis ideas and research work by leading scientists. This meeting provides an ideal platform to share your ideas, discuss your research interests, learn/develop original analysis protocols and establish new collaborations with other leading members of this active community.
This year's UGM will build upon the latest features of Imaris 9.0, and will be focused on in-depth training on the following topics:
- New Mega Surface Creation for Huge Data Segmentation
- New Transfer Function in Blend Mode and Normal Shading Visualization
- New in Imaris 8.4, the patent-pending Torch tool in FilamentTracer for tracing dense fibrous objects such as neuronal dendrites.
- Our Lineage module for cell division analysis with the reference frame to correct for the object movement and exporting the Lineage tree in high resolution image
- Most optimal way to use the Arena view for Batch processing
- Understand the Data Plotting and Hypothesis testing tools – Imaris Vantage plots
- Cell modules for inter/intra cellular analysis
- Explore the features and updates in XTensions to expand capabilities of Imaris
- Automated 3D counting/volume/surface area estimation and 4D tracking of particles
- Tips and tricks for working with large files
The UGM will have a mix of lectures and hands-on sessions to provide you with the skills needed to run Imaris independently. On the last day of the UGM, we have allocated 1-1 consultation sessions with Imaris application specialists. You may bring data where you need our advice and/or help and book a session with us during the UGM. Please note that you are expected to bring your own laptops for the sessions and the laptops should match requirements as stated here.
The full agenda will be updated closer to the event.
Attendance will be limited and is expected to fill quickly. Advanced registration is required (deadline is October 5th, 2017) and early registration is highly recommended. To register please fill out the form below.
The event is free of charge and priority will be given to Imaris users under Imaris Infinity Plan. Bitplane will make selection / shortlisting of participants in case the response is overwhelming. Please accept our sincere apology if you are not admitted to the UGM.